RESIDENTIAL GARAGE DOORS
Whether you are a new homeowner or refreshing the look of your existing home, a garage door installation is an exciting opportunity to enhance curb appeal and improve safety at the same time. An important part of the decision making process is finding the right mix of function, aesthetics, and affordability. At Roadrunner Garage Doors, we make finding the right garage door for your home easy with our selection of high performing, superior quality, and energy-efficient options at affordable prices.
We offer comprehensive residential garage door installation solutions in the Houston and Dallas area, including garage doors and garage door openers. Whether you are selecting a garage door for new construction or replacing an existing one, we can help you make the best decision for your home. We provide on-site consultations so we can help ensure you choose the right garage door to install that matches the aesthetics of your home while satisfying all your functional and safety requirements. After you select the ideal garage door, our skilled technicians will guarantee your new residential garage door is installed properly and safely. We not only deliver high-quality garage doors but also the peace of mind knowing that you and your family are safe and secure in your home while your valuable assets and property are protected.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR NEW RESIDENTIAL GARAGE DOORS
There are many important factors you should consider before purchasing your new garage door for your home, including door size, style, material, and insulation of your garage to name a few.
GARAGE DOOR SIZE
If you are building a new home or adding a new garage, a key factor to consider is the size of the garage door. While there are a couple of standard garage door sizes, some custom home builders are designing garages that can accommodate large SUVs and trucks as well as boats and RVs. A standard two-car or double garage door is 16 x 7 feet. Meanwhile, a one-car or single garage door is generally 8 x 7 feet.
When replacing an existing residential garage door, it is important to give use size of the opening when you place the order.
GARAGE DOOR STYLES
Your residential garage door plays a major role in the overall look of your home’s exterior—especially if it faces the street. From a design perspective, it is important that your garage door complements the rest of your home’s architectural design and aesthetics. If you are replacing an existing garage door, this is an opportunity to add both instant curb appeal and security features to your home. Interestingly, replacing an existing garage door is one of the most valuable return on investments for home improvement.
We offer a wide variety of garage door styles to suit your personal preference and home style, including the following:
- Flush Panel Garage Doors. This door type includes flat, slightly textured panels in a wide variety of options to suit your taste and the look of your home’s exterior. This versatile door style allows you to complement many different home styles, including contemporary and modern styles.
- Long-raised Panel Garage Doors. Probably the most common type of panel door, this style can either be recessed, raised, or bead board styles. In this case, the rectangular patterns on these panels are long. Single garage doors typically feature two rectangles across while double doors have four panels.
- Short-raised Panel Garage Doors. Short panels, much like the long panels, can be raised, recessed, or bead board styles. The rectangular patterns are shorter though. A short-panel garage door generally has twice the number of rectangles as a long-panel door.
- Carriage Garage Doors. Our carriage style garage doors add charm and character to any home. The authentic look of these doors adds an elegant and stylish touch that mimics the appearance of old-fashion carriage house doors.
Each of these residential garage door styles come in different material and a variety of color options.
GARAGE DOOR MATERIAL
We offer residential garage doors made from a variety of materials, including steel, aluminum, and wood. Each material has its pros and cons. When selecting a material type for your new residential garage door, you will need to balance several factors, including cost, insulation, curb appeal, and maintenance.
- Wood. Wood garage doors offer unparalleled aesthetic appeal and are highly customizable. With the many different wood patterns and design options, you can create a stunning statement with a new wood garage door installation. Not only do they require more maintenance than other material options, but they are also susceptible to warping, splitting, and insect infestation. Wood garage doors are generally more expensive than steel or aluminum garage doors. While most wood garage doors are solid wood, we also offer wood overlay doors that are a lower-cost option.
- Steel. Steel is the most commonly used material for residential garage doors. They offer the ultimate combination of durability and strength for long-lasting service life at a cost-effective price. They are resistant to fire, weather, warping, cracking, and insect infestation. They are virtually maintenance free and easy to clean, which means lower maintenance and repair costs.
- Aluminum. Naturally resistant to corrosion and rust, aluminum garage doors share some of the same characteristics as steel doors. While cheaper than steel and wood doors, they are not as durable or strong. Aluminum garage doors are lightweight and more prone to damage and dents.
INSULATION AND ENERGY-EFFICIENCY
Homeowners are using their garages as extensions of their living space, including workshops, hobby areas, workout rooms, children’s play areas, and home offices. As the functions and activities in the residential garage expands, so does the need to maintain a constant, comfortable temperature in this space. The additional cost of a well insulated garage door is invaluable whether you are using if to park your vehicle or as a functional living space.
No matter how you use your garage space, you will want to improve the insulation. For example, the extra insulation for an attached garage will help improve the energy efficiency of your entire home. Even if you have a detached garage, the increased insulation creates a more climate-controlled environment to protect your valuable property inside the garage.
With varying levels of insulation, steel garage doors are the best option for added thermal protection and improving your home’s energy efficiency.
When selecting a new garage door, you should consider other options, such as hardware, windows, color, and additional security features.
RESIDENTIAL GARAGE DOOR INSTALLATION SERVICES IN THE DALLAS AND HOUSTON
- Offer new garage door solutions
- Offer new garage door opener and remote solutions
- Install new garage doors
- Offer only top-rated name brand products
- Free consultation and estimates
- Same-day service
- 24/7 emergency service
- Family-owned and operated
- Friendly, highly trained garage door technicians
- Complimentary 20-point garage door inspection
SINGLE-SOURCE GARAGE DOOR OPENER IN DALLAS AND HOUSTON
Roadrunner Garage Doors is a premier single-source provider for all your residential garage door installation needs in the Dallas and Houston areas. We have the expertise, experience, and skilled technicians to repair or install your next residential garage door.
We are a family-owned business with over 100 years of combined experience in the garage door industry. We provide unparalleled customer service in both the Dallas and Houston areas. Our technicians are available 24/7 to respond to your garage door emergencies or last-minute problems.
If you are ready to learn more about our residential garage door solutions, contact us today!